Today was a excellent day. The family – son plus grandchildren – arrived very early giving us ample time to play. Highlight of the day was of course the swimming pool. They both have some kind of life jacket to make sure they don’t drown. And we made sure to don’t drag them into the pool if they didn’t want to.
They both played on the stairs so they could touch bottom with their feet. And soon enough the eldest wanted a swimming lesson.
Since it’s been a long time that I was in the water with our little boy, I had read tips on how to go about trying to teach them to swim.
- First let them play where they can stand
- Give them some toys and let them make each other wet
- Try guiding one through the water, holding him on the stomach
- Practice flipping the legs
- Try to let him float on his back
- Let them put their face under water while they stand
- Practice falling and getting up again.
On forehand I thought I needed a day for each tip. And probably for the youngest I will need that or maybe even more.
But the eldest was brilliant. He even swam doggylike on his own. I was so proud of him!
As they kept telling me the rest of the day: Mañana más. 🙂