A favicon is a small image identifying a website. Depending on your browser you see it in the tab at the top or in front of the web address. Mine is an image of the 2 c’s of CleverCreating. Have a look at the top of this page!
This only works on a website to maintain yourself. Not on for instance a blogger-website or a wordpress.com-website.
A favicon as my gift to you
I made 36 favicons for you to choose from. 🙂
Download a zipfile using this button:
- Choose a nice favicon.
- Download the zip-file with all the favicons in it.
- Open the zip-file by double-clicking it.
- Right-click the chosen letter or number and change the name to favicon.ico
- Put the ico-file into the root of your website.
- Usually, you will see the favicon at your web address (if necessary, refresh the browser). Sometimes your index page needs an additional code. Ask me for it if you don’t see it after refreshing the browser.
- P.S. Please only use it personal. These are not meant for selling!
If you are interested in more information then have a look at this wikipedia page.